National Rally and the Pandemic

The outbreaks around Australia in the last few months are causing concern about staging the National rally.

One of the most significant issues is that state borders have been closed and travel limited.

The Rally Organising Committee has been holding Zoom meetings every few weeks to monitor the situation and continue to plan our National Rally.

Planning for a Covid-safe event has been integral to the planning effort. Simple procedures and precautions will be observed and the Rally will have a Covid Marshall to ensure the safety of all participants.

After a meeting yesterday, the Committee has adopted the following strategy:

  • The National Rally is still planned for late September
  • Vic and Qld Branch representatives will canvas the current intentions of their members
  • The Committee will meet again on the 18th of August and make a final decision to proceed or postpone
  • The date for a postponed rally will be around mid-April 2022 still at Barmera
  • Registration payments will be held and honoured but anyone can request that their registration be refunded
  • There may be members who want to meet at Barmera in late September even if the event is postponed. The AHA will support any meeting.

The election of Officers of the AHA was planned for the National Rally. If it is postponed, the election will be held by other means to be determined.

We’re hoping that the situation in Sydney turns the corner soon and the threat is reduced.

We wish all the best for our NSW and Sydney members.

Leave a comment